About Me!

Monday, July 18, 2011

Thank You God!!!

Many of you know I began an interesting journey last year.

I embarked on my first Daniel Fast about this time last year. I had originally entered it to pray for my husband with his discerning about his job. The journey brought about so many blessings.

The interesting thing about it is I was given this book to read from a friend. She just said I had to read this book. Many of you have read my review from previous post about this book. Thus I dont have to go into great detail. But what I discovered through this Journey is the amazing power of true open conversation and connection a person can have with God.

I always thought I had a pretty good spiritual life but that Daniel Fast rocked my world, for a lack of better descriptions...lol.

Our family experienced great answers through that fast not only about my husbands job but about my health! It was amazing. And it continues to be amazing!

So in honor of all God had done for our family, and for me personally, I wanted to do another Daniel Fast to thank Him to celebrate the year anniversary of all He has done in our life.

Now some of you may wonder this is odd....most people do a fast to pray about something, to heal from something, to beg for intervention about something....but why cant we make a sacrifice for honoring, for thanksgiving?!

I am doing a 40 day devotional for personal discovery as well during this fast but I just really wanted to thank God for all the beautiful gifts He bestowed on our family this last year.

After all what do you get for someone who has EVERYTHING literally!!!???

Don't we make sacrifices for those we love on a regular basis? Spouses....children...family...country?

Why not make a sacrifice for the Creator of all!!!

I'm grateful I can make this sacrifice...I'm grateful I'm alive...I'm grateful for all HE DOES IN ME AND THROUGH ME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment