About Me!

Thursday, December 13, 2012

BEING GRATEFUL FOR THE MAN HE IS!

We can all use a little "slap" of cold water in the face from time to time.  

How I view my marriage and the relationship with my husband probably needed serious ice thrown on me!  


I would like to think I have been a good wife: attentive, compassionate, and supportive!  YET...there is always room for growth.  


I picked up a book just randomly about a month ago.  When I saw it at a thrift shop, my thought was it was worth just taking a look at it, skimming it, for a few coins out of my wallet.  


I figured as I was reading it, I would feel confirmed I am a good wife.  The last couple of years I have become more aware of being an attentive, respectful and obedient wife (yes...obedient...it IS important!).   I have learned  to continually reflect on our relationship and how to approach things, topics and situations with love, compassion and mercy.


Yes, I have found some really great confirming information, but I have also found some really convicting stuff as well.  Things I realized I do need to work on.  Things I realized that being a proper helpmate to my husband needs continual attention in order to not get caught up in how today's society views on how we as women/wife's should act with and/or treat our husbands.


Thus far (as I'm about halfway through the book) this is what I have really felt was important to focus on: 


1.    Being grateful for the man he is.

2.    Thanking God for him and remembering specific qualities. 
3.    Be a blessing to him not a a burden.
4.    Look for ways to understand him.
5.    Be pleasing. 
6.    Be aware of hormonal changes.  Do not give into those emotions.  Keep my mouth shut during those times. 
7.   Don't allow tv, books, and/or magazines to be a bad influence and effect my attitude toward my husband. 
8.   Don't over commit myself and then gripe at him for not being able to help me out.
9.   Have positive friends who are a good influence when it comes to how we treat our husbands. 
10. Remember what my ultimate calling and job is as a wife and helpmate. 


Finally, as I was reflecting this morning:  I LOVE BEING A WIFE!  


Why do so many of us spend so much time and energy grumbling about it?

Why do we feel we have to gripe, complain, and stir a pot of murkiness into our lives?
Do we want to hold a stone or putty in our hands?  

As a wife, we have a great amount of power.  We need to respect it. nurture it, and enjoy every minute of being a WIFE!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment