About Me!

Sunday, December 16, 2012

NO LOVE EQUALS EVIL?

I ponder on the thought...if we do not love fully, like God intended for us to love, do we open up a door to allow evil or sin to darken, to inhabit our hearts?

Purpose...why...how...what if...

I have not been able to put into words the evil that took place on Friday.  How could I.  Though it seemed I really didn't need to, after all everyone else was giving a voice and an opinion. 

It has given me the chance to truly reflect and realize there are no words that can be expressed properly.  What I have found is it has convicted me even greater to truly put aside these last nine days before Christmas to fast and pray.

I had been contemplation this thought.  I wanted to enter into a deep communion with God to prepare my heart properly for the upcoming birth of Christ and to reflect on the New Year ahead.  I wanted to pray about reestablishing boundaries in life. I think we all have a tendency of getting overwhelmed with life's commitments and burdens. There are times we don't help, we add to them.   I felt I needed to pray how to ensure I protected the integrity of my families schedule, to ensure our family was getting the proper care and connection.  As children get older we must stay connect with them in the warm embrace of Christ; obeying God's will ; and turning to the Holy Spirit to guide us.

Friday Slapped me in the face with these realities.

Friday brought these concerns to the forefront: up, close, and way too personal.

Friday reminded me it is never convenient to fast and make sacrifices but when we are called to it we must obey.

Thus I became even more convicted that I would put aside these last 9 days of advent to fast and pray for Gods guidance and voice in how I need to live my 2013 in greater communion with Him.

How can I live and breath His love?

How can I make sure that just because I am capable to do something, doesn't mean I should; just because it looks good doesn't mean it's right; and just because I may want to do something doesn't mean I should.

What are you going to do this last 9 days before Christmas?
What are you going to reflect upon?
How are you going to prepare your heart for the true light of this world?

How are you going to spread HIS love?  Be His LOVE!

When we focus on our relationship with God, nurturing our families, our proper scheduling to community and commitments we are able to be that Love...
...and when we are love....
...there is no room for evil...


No comments:

Post a Comment