About Me!

Saturday, September 7, 2013

BALANCE

Facebook...twitter...Pinterest...Google+...all social media....email...computer searching...blogs...electronics....etc....

It is all about BALANCE!

If there is anything I have learned (again...lol...you would think I could figure some of life's lessons out by now) it is about balance.

I have really enjoyed knowing that FB isn't an option...it is freeing.  Yet, I have missed being able to just touch bases with a few of my friends during the week. I know this is their mode of conversation and I don't want to miss out on saying hello.

I also find myself thinking about a recipe I want to share on my Food~Fitness~Faith private group.  Or I read a great article about daughters and want to share it with the Dynamic Daughters private group.

And an interesting thing I realized even though I was being much more productive with house work in the morning without going to FB and not burning up my reading time or lesson planning in the evening....I was transferring some of the time to trying to figure out Google+ for my blog.  I was using email even more.

Balance...that is what any and all of it is about.
NO different than treats, alcohol...exercise...sleep....work...play....etc.

We can't feast on cake all day.  Just like we can't drink every night (or shouldn't).  We can't work 20 hours a day and think we won't suffer from it.

BALANCE!

Thus what I can take from my FB experiment is this:

1.  I will make sure house hold stuff is completed and checked off in the morning before I hop on to FB or any media or search or even writing for my blog or Examiner and before I wake up my daughter.

2.  I will not do any of it during learning and household hours.

3.  I will make sure if I am taking a break from a task that I time myself and respect the timer when it goes off.

4.  I will ensure my media time is productive...making connections...loving....not just random reading....and scrolling for lost minutes on end!

Balance with boundaries...self-control...and discipline...that is what life is truly all about!

I love how life constantly gives us opportunities to always grow and learn!

Blessings and hugs to all!
~K :)

No comments:

Post a Comment