What did I learn from my September Challenge?
Soooooooooooo many things. It was a great month of trials and errors...realizations....beauty.....peace!
1. Unfortunately it is not practical to walk every where because, it truly does eat up even more of that precious time I was trying to protect and ensure was for family.
2. In the pioneer days they may have gone into town only once a month or so but they also grew all their own produce and raised their own meat! They were homesteaders! Well unfortunately I rely on stores for all of that....thus I need to make more frequent stops.
3. A person can get too legalistic even in non-religious matters....lol....thus I had to step back and realize what was my ultimate goal.....ie: old testament versus new testament. 10 commandments vs. 2 great commandments! And the verdict....love....peace....family!
4. Redefined what was really needed in a store....do we really need to go to the store....can we truly do without until next week.....next month!
5. Plan just certain days for shopping/errands.
6. Plan shopping/errands along the path already taking.
7. No spontaneous shopping!
8. Not feeling the need to even get on the computer every hour to check deals....fb....postings....etc....
9. Enjoying truly "clocking out" in the evening and saying "it can wait til tomorrow!"
10. And finally.....not caring if I am weird....if I do things different.....if I am going to experiment/tweak an exercise routine....an eating plan....a supplement....a curriculum......a shopping plan......a whatever....
Those are the top 10 I could think of that really resonated for me during September!
Thus my 10 can be summed up with these two :)....
1. I love my Lord and my family.....thus I will do anything for them and will sacrifice anything for them to protect our time together.....
2. I love learning things and discovering/thinking of ideas.....and if it means I am willing to "experiment" on myself to actually experience a thought (ie food, exercise, spiritual, whatever).....I am willing to not just read it but "walk a mile" of that experience in order to truly give an opinion, a thought on the topic! *Of course it has to be moral and ethical...and not harmful to me physically/mentally/spiritually....that in mind....I'm game! :)
There you have it......
September was sensational....spiritual....super!!!
October brings me nothing great optimism for what life has in store for me!
hugs and prayers always to all of you out there!