About Me!

Monday, April 28, 2014

Mommy Moment on Monday


 I felt a tapping on my forehead.
What time am I in?
What planet? Where?
Am I late for something?
What...?

Then...

"Mommy, my knee hurts."

I pull myself out of the deep recesses of my sleep to tend to my warrior.  At the very moment she is not ready for battle, she needs triage.

I grab my robe...get to the kitchen...find her a remedy...walk back to her room with her to help her relax back to sleep.

This is last Thursday...April 24, 2014...

It is 4 AM and I am wide awake.  I lay there back in my own bed thinking about  all my day has in store for me...

6 AM...up...rosary...swish floors...laundry...journal...hubby meals...
7 AM...look over lessons...look over day....bills?....husband out door...
7:30 AM...movement....what am I going to do today for loving exercise while watching Joyce Meyer or listening to a podcast?
8 AM...get Warrior going...finish getting ready for day...
8:45...Leave for Adoration...
9-10 AM...adoration...
10:30-2:30...lessons...eating...cooking...chores...movement...
3-5 PM...crafting projects with friends...
6ish....dinner...
7ish-9ish PM...Revelations study...
9:30-10:30 PM...assess next days schedule...
10:30-11ish....ASLEEP!? I hope...I pray!!!

I realize and know there will not be an opportunity for me to squeeze in a nap on this day, thus I really should try to get back to sleep BUT my mind wonders to our craft that is planned from 3-5pm.

This is not just any craft scheduled. This is a project with a purpose...



I am wide awake, not with irritation or ugh...but with joy...with gratefulness...with THANK YOU GOD!!!

Thank you for my warrior who is safely tucked away in her bed, in her room, under our roof, across the hall. Thank you for bringing my husband home safe to me each night.
Thank you for all the things I know I take for granted.

Then I reflect back to...thank you for the security and knowledge of where my warrior is at!

An amazing woman, friend, of mine is traveling soon to Thailand to bring God's love and action in a visual, active way, to children who see, experience, and live only with darkness.

Children who don't have a mommy to go to when their knee hurts.

Children who don't have a room down the hall from mommy knowing she will slay any dragon who dares to even breath within a mile radius of them.

Children who see, experience, and/or are touched by great darkness each day.

These children have been part of a life so dark and suffocating they need love...they must feel loved...they must be saved!  They must be shown Gods light.

They are apart of a world of human trafficking.

We can get so caught up in our own personal woes:
*  My child isn't learning xyz...
*  My child needs to have this trip to experience abc...
*  Why can't I get my child to pick up after herself?
***The list can go on...and on...and on...

BUT...
Instead we must say THANK YOU!!!  Thank you GOD!


~  Thank you God for the room full of crazy toys and the creative adventure planned for today with legos!
~  Thank you God for these spelling words we need to work on.
~  Thank you God for the opportunities to even consider trips and traveling.
~  Thank you God that she is safely within my arms reach.

The craft we have done for the last 2 weeks on Thursdays have been love cards for these precious, beautiful children.  These children need, must be able, to feel Gods love.  They have been so burdened down that just talking about God is probably not enough.  By having something to hold in their hands shows them just how beautiful and precious and deserving they are of Gods love...whether they realize it or not.



My hope...my desire...my prayer is, as I, with my amazing husband,nurture in our daughter a love for God...a respect for self....a desire to do for others...to be aware that our actions, our love, our prayers can and will make a difference.  even if we never see it.  We can't stop doing, loving, praying because God sees it.  Those children will feel it. Our daughters armor will be that much stronger because of it.

Check out my friend's amazing project on facebook 

Abolitionist -- Human Trafficking/Modern day Slavery

to see how you can help! 

***This is an easy search if you have a facebook account....
or message me here and I can get you in contact with her
or use the link above with project with a purpose....that will take you to projects she is involved with locally and you can find her through there as well!

We hear about these types of projects and programs all the time through other sources.  Here we have the opportunity to actually make a difference with someone locally...to know and be light with another!

To me this is just another amazing confirmation of how everything is connected.

As I have been writing about femininity, dignity of dress and self; I have come to the conclusion that our societies lack of self respect, lack of awareness of the beauty in our femininity, has slowly been broken down for over 50 years.  It has brought us to this ugly world of not only are many individuals struggling with self love and self worth in one form or another but a lack of respect, love, and morality toward others has been created.

A lacking that has brought us to this world of treating children as objects.

my mind, my heart, my soul cries out for them.

Please cry with me....
Pray with me...
Take action with me...



With God: glory, light, and love can and will prevail one spark at a time!

A ripple at a time can go farther than we can imagine...stomp out the darkness with me to make lasting ripples!


Blessings and prayers always....
~K :)

No comments:

Post a Comment