About Me!

Friday, July 18, 2014

FRIDAY'S FIGHTING CHALLENGE OF A LIFE TIME!


I was listening to one of my favorite podcasts during the holidays....months and months ago...

 I absolutely loved what Jason said about challenges....whether it is a paleo challenge or any other type of challenge.

The question we should all ask ourselves is why are we doing a challenge?  Is it to get healthy?  Is it to lose some weight?  Is it to lose body fat?  Is it just to see if we can do it?

Having been on this lifestyle journey of living real, eating real, being real started about 4-5 years ago.  I never thought it would truly change my life but it has.   What is great is I have learned something new each week, each month, each year, and each day!

So for me what may have started as a spiritual journey of a Daniel Fast and pray.....brought me to where I am today with my mind, body, soul, well being of living Paleo.

Thus what really spoke to me about the 69th podcast of theirs, that took place on Christmas Eve, is that I too see friends and family who have a scale goal....or say they are going do something with their eating/diet/exercise for a specific designated time frame.  But then what?  Do they go back to sloppy eating and then get frustrated because they put back on all that weight and then some?

What breaks my heart is how they have now broken their metabolism.  They have to work even harder the next time.  They have broken their spirit; now they are disappointed or frustrated with themselves.

I've been there in the past.  Living Paleo has changed that so much for me.  Have I hit some rough spots during this journey?  Of course.  Just because we learn a healthier way of living doesn't mean that life just becomes easy.  It doesn't mean temptations aren't there.  It doesn't mean I don't have a meal, or a day, or even a week where I make choices that I may not be so happy about the outcome the next day or next week.

But the difference is I MAKE THOSE CHOICES WITH A CONSCIENCE DECISION!

So whether I choose to have a piece of cake at a wedding to celebrate that couples union, or I have too many drinks over the holidays.....I knowingly make a choice that I may not feel so great in my mind and gut the next day.....thus I have to decide if I am willing to wait out it clearing through my system to get my hormones, my mind, my body back into balance.

There is not stop and start...on and off.....challenge or no challenge for me.....it is Paleo Power all the way for me!

Now for me a challenge is more of a: do I want to try to train to be stronger for a couple of months, or do I want to increase my speed on a run.   Heck I have been even pulling more away from running so much and really adapting what is talked about on Marks Daily Apple.

I know it is not easy for any of us who have struggled with weight due to genetics, poor eating habits, or hormones.....but it is possible to abandon the "sad" (standard american diet) way of living....and truly live 100% authentic!

Thus my CHALLENGE to every friend, family member, EVERYONE....is to quit yo-yo-ing.....and start eating, exercising, praying for life....forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment