About Me!

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Hormones: The Mind, Body and Soul connection!

As I have been reading Sara Gottfried's book "The Hormone Cure", I reflect and think....ugh..

Why did I not have this book when I was a young adult not understanding why my periods were more painful than all my other friends would describe...!?

Why did I not have this book when I was going through all my infertility issues?!

Why did I not have this book when I would look in the mirror and my past self would tear myself apart even when my body was perfectly normal, perfectly healthy?

Why did I not have this book when I just didn't understand how my heart knows one things, my mind is thinking another, and my body is totally doing it's own dance!?

BUT....I do have this book now....and it has given me great insight on how to continue to manage my hormones.  Really how to help my mind, body and soul travel through this amazing journey of life!

I really loved how when I looked up some of the hormonal issues I have endured with for years, such as PCOS, the book really explained some of what my mind was doing because of my hormones!  One of the really eye opening and freeing revelations was how one of the side effects of PCOS is a distortion of body image.  That even when a person looks in the mirror and knows they are beautiful because God made them.....that even when a girl, a woman, is feeling great about herself....that her hormones will betray her by sending signals to the brain trying to convince your heart that you are less than....that you are not beautifully made!  

It was interesting reading how the studies and years of recording/researching has been able to support this information.

Thus, my point is girls, women, who find themselves being overly critical of themselves....being unloving of self...should evaluate if they are possibly dealing with some hormonal issues that are influencing their negative self-talk!

For me, this realization is freeing because even as I have always tried to have loving self-talk, it has been a wonderful journey to get to where I am at, but I still have days or moments.  Reading the science behind it helps put just one more plate of armor up to ward off dark thoughts.

After all dark thoughts are NOT from God....He loves us EXACTLY AS WE ARE.   Thus, when you find yourself being negative about yourself....stop....shout out "Go away Devil...there is no room for you in this 'home'....only GOD can reside here!"

I believe that everything is connected: mind, body, soul!  Therefore in this situation, this string of thoughts, as I am sharing about hormones....some may say well it is just about my hormones, what does my soul...God have to do with it?  I say everything!  I say we can't have one without the other.  Thus if there is light in this world...there is dark...but that's a conversation for another day.....today I will stay with hormones...with loving self....with making the connection between the two in a whole...mind, body, soul perspective!


Do you think my thoughts are extreme? Overzealous? Over exaggerated?  I would love to hear your thoughts.  

Til next time....remember life is an amazing journey....love EVERY aspect of it!  Love every challenge,   Love EVERYTHING about YOU!

Blessings,
~Kelly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment