About Me!

Monday, April 20, 2015

Dynamic Daughters: The Princess and the Three Knights

1 CORINTHIANS 13:4, 7

LOVE IS PATIENT, 
LOVE IS KIND.
IT DOES NOT ENVY,
 IT DOES NOT BOAST, 
IT IS NOT PROUD.
IT ALWAYS PROTECTS, 
ALWAYS TRUSTS, 
ALWAYS HOPES, 
ALWAYS PERSEVERES.



I have pondered many times when my dynamic daughter is of the age to "date" what type of boy would I want her to date?  What is even my definition of dating?  What is even the purpose of dating?  Do I want her to date?  What are my expectations?  And how will my husband be able to survive the "dating" years...lol!

I look back at my years of dating.  And I now understand with great respect the impact that dating can have on our soul.  I can reflect on if I had to do it all over....I don't think I would have wanted to date exclusively with anyone.  I don't even know if I would have wanted to have kissed anyone before my wonderful hubby.  I am not saying that is the course of action everyone should take...I am just saying after all I have learned about God's beautiful design for us with our sexuality...I don't think I would want to risk even one kiss to someone else!

But that is the beauty of hind-sight, growth, wisdom....it doesn't excuse us from mistakes, from paths that we should have steered away from...instead it allows us to reflect, seek God for forgiveness, and truly learn from them....thus giving us the opportunity to choose the simpler yet narrower path!

It brings me back to when my daughter is at that "magical" age of "dating"....

I really would rather her not want to date....
BUT....I am hoping that all the tools I have been teaching her about her sexuality...God's beautiful design for us....and open communication....she will come to the conclusion at a younger age than I did....
....THAT DATING EXCLUSIVELY IS TOO INTIMATE...unless a person is really seeking to find their soul mate.....they really shouldn't play with fire! Again this is my opinion...my path....my beliefs!   I just know how beautiful and amazing love is when we seek it with God's plan rather than our physical desires.

So....if and when my daughter chooses to date I pray she is able to see the wisdom of this beautiful story about THE PRINCESS AND THE THREE KNIGHTS by Karen Kingsbury.

Three knights have to prove to the king they are worthy of the princesses hand in marriage.

They are given several tests, challenges, obstacles.

What I love about this story book is how it teaches little girls that our "knight" isn't always the boldest, the strongest, the handsomest....but our true knight is the most VIRTUOUS...CHIVALROUS!

When a man puts our needs ahead of his wants, desires....THAT IS A MAN!!!

It is NEVER too late nor is your little girl ever too old to read this story and have the message strongly ring in her heart what the bible verse above teaches about TRUE LOVE!!!

ARMOR YOUR DYNAMIC DAUGHTER WITH FAITH, HOPE, AND LOVE....TO FEED HER MIND, BODY, AND SOUL....TO BECOME THE WONDERFUL WARRIOR WOMAN....SHE IS DESTINED TO BE!

Hugs, prayers, blessings...
~Kelly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment