About Me!

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Warrior Woman: Mary Magdalene inspired retreat idea!


 
Today is the feast day for Saint Mary Magdalene.  I chose her years ago for my confirmation name.  I remember when our family priest teased me for choosing her.  Yet, over the years I see more and more what an amazingly strong woman she was....and how very important she was to Christ.  After all besides Jesus's mother, Mary....Mary Magdalene was trusted to be among all the disciples.  I have read and heard all sorts of conspiracies of her importance to Christ....blah blah blah....I personally don't entertain perverted thoughts when it comes to this amazing woman.  Kind of like St. Clare and St. Francis.

Instead...today I want to share some thoughts I have been pondering on for quite some time.  A thought that a dear friend of mine who had stirred up these thoughts, these dreams, this crazy goal or desire for all women.  And I thank St. Mary Magdalene for it!  I will explain that part more after I share my idea :).....

Over the last 5 years I have pondered on how there are:

...retreats for spiritual growth... 
...workshops to learn about nutrition....
...bible studies for weight loss...
...retreats for healing...
...seminars for fitness....
...bible studies for growing as a mom, wife, woman....
...classes to take to learn about fertility care....
....and so much more!!!

While I think it is important to have these things separate in some situations....I also think that we forget that we as WOMEN...are like a bowl of spaghetti (zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash that is :)....).....everything in our life overlaps and entwines....it hardly ever is separate!  

SOOO....

What if there was a day or even a weekend retreat for women who would like to learn more about their health in a full MIND, BODY, SOUL experience?

What if the whole faith connection is not just about giving a woman bible verses to learn how to crave God more than the chocolate?

What if there were real experts about nutrition, fitness, fertility care, healing.....and so much more....all available to speak to women about how they can truly care for themselves: MIND, BODY SOUL!?

What if the day or weekend retreat started not just with great prayer and a speaker but some nourishing food choices?

What if after the amazing snack or meal...or even during the eating we had a nutrition coach visit with us how when we are caring for our body with great nutrition then we are loving ourselves as God loves us!  We are caring for ourselves as He needs us to!  What if this person could explain how important it is for us to actually EAT REAL FOOD!!

What if in the afternoon we have an actual personal trainer lead us into some fun movements during a rosary or devotional....showing us how it is possible and important to even go to God during our physical care!?  And what if this amazing person can explain to us that chronic cardio is not healthy for our bodies...that we as women need to quit punishing our bodies with hours and hours of treadmills and classes.

What if we had a functional doctor sharing with us how our hormones can effect our energy and so many aspects of our life if they are out of whack?!

What if  an expert on healing can help us understand how sometimes our physical pains, nutritional choices, and spiritual struggles can be rooted in our past....things that we may not even be aware of!?

What if another expert can help us understand our bodies....the way God intended for us to understand it...care for it....heal it....protect it....!?

WHAT IF.....WE LEARNED WE ARE ENOUGH....JUST AS WE ARE!?

WHAT IF....we learned how to care for ourselves...to empower ourselves with great knowledge (mind)....empower ourselves with food and fitness (body)....empower ourselves with Gods word (soul)....with other women....all for one amazing experience that truly meets us as women and how we are designed to overlap so many topics, areas, passions....

WHAT IF!?!

So how does Mary Magdalene come into the picture of all of this for me?

I see a woman who didn't let her past pull her down.  I think she continued to work on healing by going to Christ for everything.  I think she probably cared for her body because she had the best teacher of all right there guiding her and protecting her.

These are my thoughts.  I am just one person who could never organize an event like this by myself.  And honestly right now in my life with all I am learning about my health needs and healing right now....I can't take on something like this.....but isn't that what the whole saying "it takes a village" for!?

What if a team of women who were just as passionate about empowering women took something like this on....created a name for this MIND BODY SOUL themed approach to empower women to become the WONDERFUL WARRIOR WOMEN they were meant to be!?

 Hey here is a thought:

WONDERFUL WARRIOR WOMEN 
WEEKEND RETREAT: 
LEARNING HOW TO
 LOVE, LIVE, AND LAUGH 
WITH YOUR 
WHOLE MIND BODY AND SOUL!

There you go....a title...a theme....a rough draft....

Now it needs a team....
a leader...
a pusher....
presenters....
participants....
and lots and lots of Prayer!!!

hugs and prayers always!!!
Kelly ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment