About Me!

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

I'm Worth It!!!


Last week I figured I would put off going to my chiropractor/functional doctor after having gotten back from vacation.  I wasn't feeling good.  No energy.  Needed to get caught up on daughters lessons.  Tons of laundry.  I was hitting my wall again.  Vacations should be relaxing.  I totally enjoyed it but I was aware of a constant slow inflammation going on due to not having the most quality of food available. I blessed my food each day each meal and would ask God it would nourish my body just as if I was at home.  I thought nothing but quality good thoughts.  I know the power of positive thinking is amazing.   There were also no other stresses on a cruise.   No other concerns.


Back home though my inflammation hit me like a mac truck.  I did not want to do anything, go anywhere, I could barely drag myself out of bed. My thyroid had definitely taken a hit.  Who knows what was the straw that finally broke the camels back.  

 I woke Wednesday morning realizing I couldn't put off going to my functional doctor.   I called asking if I could keep my appointment.  And not wait til the following week.  I could almost see and hear his smile through the phone.  He knew I needed to get in to see him yet he has such a respect for his patients that he also knows he can't force us to do something if we aren't willing to do it. 

Once in we visited about what all I will need to do to continue on this journey of healing my thyroid and immune system and so many other things. I had my adjustment and did this really fun vibrating machine I stand on helped stimulate my thyroid to get my metabolism kick started.

  He knew I would feel better if I could drag my cement legs and body into his office.   This is one of the things I love about my doctor, he wants his patients to want to feel and move the way our bodies were meant to function.  He knows I'm a pusher, I'm stubborn and I'm committed to my health.  

 I realized  during my Friday visit  I have to remind myself, even though my workouts are healthiest when we approach them as sprints: short, fast, bursts....rest... done in 15-20 minutes. 


But life's journey, any aspect of this journey: better mind, health, soul...is a marathon! I must be patient. 


 Doc was kind enough to again smile and remind me that it is going to take about 12-18 months for me to heal.   Now no one knows for sure how long it takes a person to heal from anything.  But giving the best guest based on his professional experience is helpful and important.

  It helps me keep things in perspective.  It reminds me that life is not about start and stop....life is not about trying to do everything so perfect we forget to live life during the journey.  Every journey has its bumps. It's what we do with those bumps that help define us.  

I choose to love this journey. I choose to find amazing joy in this journey.  And I choose to scale the bumps like the most amazing hike or mountain or wall...after all the challenge the journey is where the thrill lives!!!

.  

No comments:

Post a Comment