About Me!

Sunday, September 20, 2015

swimming in Supplements!

I think I had more fun trying to plan my packing for the cruise with my supplements rather than my clothes.  My first challenge was trying to figure out what all I needed to take, how to pack it, and to still keep it as simple and compact as possible for 8 days.  Then I remembered the traveling jewelry container I had given our darling daughter for her birthday.  She willingly allowed me to borrow it. And I remembered a toiletry bag that was the same design with windows in it.  Problem solved.


Now trying to organized what I was going to use for each pouch.  Morning vitamins.  Afternoon vitamins...evening supps....minerals...Essential Oils....powders....concoctions....etc....

All these "jewels" being carefully packed had me thinking about all the different companies, businesses, individuals who provide all sorts of supplements for all sorts of reasons....there is purpose for all of them....for all those who sell....as well as for the product itself.  Each of us are uniquely made therefore there are different formulas for each of us that will be beneficial for each of us.



I have written many times about supplements....the good...the bad....the indifferent...but I think with this journey with my thyroid, adrenals, gut....etc......I have learned WE ALL need to supplement in one form or another.  Whether it is just because of the fact that the crops of today aren't getting the same amount of nutrients in them and we need to make up for it a bit.....or if it is because our body is needing a little extra support.

I have also learned that even though some of the supplements I am taking are mega doses of different vitamins I am deficient in....it is still supplementing.  I am having to supplement D for example because my body is deplete in it.  I am having to supplement C because my body is burning through it too fast because of my adrenals.....and the list goes on....

Thus I am seeing....becoming more away....becoming enlightened (one of the beauty's of being a bio-hacker!) that we all need supplementation for one reason or another.....and it is all good!  

I think my past thoughts and frustrations is the biggest industry for supplementation is the push for weight loss....not health....but that is changing too......it is becoming easier to understand that even if a product is being promoted or sold for "weight loss"....once you read many of them.....many have value....and you can see with some research the ingredients in some of the blends have a purpose.....usually because there are deficiencies within a body and these blends are trying to help individuals get that balance back to feel better to then make better choices with their nutrition....with their lifestyle.

After all isn't that what many of the amazing individuals and doctors I follow are doing?  Many of them approach their audiences health from the weight loss perspective to get them to learn how to make healthier choices.  Why do they take that approach?  because it sells.  It is what the public, the people want.  Is it so wrong?  No.  After all isn't that what we all do, if we are wise?  You want your kiddo to do something  you know is going to be beneficial to them....don't you get to their level..approach it in a way that speaks to them....and get them to understand.   


Because of my bio-hacking....I am able to evolve, learn, grow, and see the great value in the word supplement rather than a dirty word....a crutch.  Who knows....maybe it was my own past misuse of supplements that skewed my mindset, my judgement of the word, of the products.

And when I see amazing people changing lives....helping people to understand that their life matters....their health matters....and how it is all so closely related.....how our mind body soul experience is entwined.

I have an amazing, dear friend who discovered a healthier lifestyle because of supplements.....they turned on a switch within her....so much so that she now promotes and sells these same products.   What I admire the most about her, is I don't think it is so much about the products for her but about changing lives....about getting people to see that when they are taking care of their physical body they are trying to get back in tuned with their spiritual body.   She is an amazing example of how to continually push ourselves to be better versions of ourselves so we can shine and be amazing examples of living a whole life....mind, body, soul......

And if that means a little or a lot of supplements....well bring it on....

Because I know my supplements help me be super powered.....they encourage my body to be where it wants to be....where it needs to be.....they are helping me armor my body and mind each and every day so I can focus on my spiritual armor and be that soldier Christ needs me to be....

Therefore I may be swimming in supplements but I am also super-powered by them!!!

How do your supplements help you!?

No comments:

Post a Comment