About Me!

Monday, December 28, 2015

2016: Continued Evolving Health Goals

As I reflect on my not so great days of:
inflammation
brain fog
fatigue
A type/form of depression associated with health concerns. 
Vanities of ever changing body. 
Working out different to still help get the engine revved but not inflame the body. 
Frustrations of all side effects a person encounters with a thyroid condition. 

I thank God for this adventure!

Here is why:

I thank Him for reminding me to not take my immune system for granted.  Our immune system wants to protect me.  My body continually reminds me to do my part!

I thank Him for this amazing butterfly gland (my thyroid!) that is communicating to me how to balance my hormones on a deeper level that is not just about my nutritional needs but my mental and spiritual needs! Teaching me to use my voice in the things that are truly important!

I thank God for my brain fog.  It reminds me to always be humble!

I thank Him for the dark, gloomy feeling days.  It reminds me to be compassionate toward those who experience true, deep dispair and anguish that grips them.  

I thank God for reminding me that my body is not about vanity, the aesthetics.   It is truly about Whole Health!!!!  I look in the mirror and I am overcome by the love and beauty I see deep down.  I see my amazing heart and soul not my flesh and blood. 

I thank Him for slowing me down.  Reminding me I can't smell the roses when I'm running but I sure can when I go for walks and hikes!

Thus for 2016....my health goals are to continue to LOVE this journey.  To not obsess about the dos' and don'ts.  To not obsess about research.  To lot allow it to distract me from LIVING my LIFE....JUST AS IT IS!...AND TO LOVE MY LIFE JUST AS IT IS!!!

Here is to even more great days and learning into 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment