About Me!

Monday, December 21, 2015

Monday's Money Matters....

I was recently visiting with a friend about blogging for money.  I loved hearing all her excitement....all her research....all her passion.  I was truly excited for her.  And for a very brief moment I found myself thinking how to turn my blogging into an opportunity to make a bit of money.

But I realized...

I don't care about money.....

This statement may sound weird to probably 99% people who live and breath....but I truly don't care about money.

Now this doesn't mean I don't see its value.
This doesn't mean I don't try to be responsible and budget diligently for our family.
It doesn't mean I don't make sure and save and make plans for our future or for emergencies or vacations.

What it does mean for me is....I don't feel the need to make money.

 Some may say well it is easy for me to say that because I have a husband who brings in the money.  But really it wouldn't matter if I was married or not.  And being married with a child, me bringing in an income would probably make our life a heck of a lot easier.

Yet....I know my life is my service to God....my family....my friends....those I come in contact with.

I have had jobs in the past... some short term...some a bit longer....but the "job" I have always felt the most rewarded from is being wife, mother, servant, giver....

I have had friends who have wanted me to pursue different things....or have suggested I take some of my gifts and talents and turn it into an income.  I get thoughts stirring for a moment....but then I realize I just really don't have any interest in making money.  I probably would love the years of past old world ways of trade and barter...doing something for someone for something.....

Maybe the big reason is I see the tremendous value of being wife, mother, teacher to/for my family.  And one day when my daughter is out of the house....maybe I will feel the drive or the desire to pursue an "empty-nest" career,..job...

One thing I do know is I truly believe we MUST live the life that gives us joy, fulfillment, love, laughter, and requires service, sacrifice, and selflessness....regardless of pay...

  WELL I AM LIVING THAT LIFE!



No comments:

Post a Comment