About Me!

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Swirling Sleep

My brain was swirling with ideas last night!  Oh my goodness!  I did get to sleep pretty good, but I did do lots of dreaming of an idea I have had for quite a while for women.  But this idea has been refining and getting clearer.

I love love love my daughter....and I love love love taking care of ourselves.....and I love love love sharing with others what I learn about health, nutrition, faith, etc.....

But what I love most of all... that has been a fire within my soul since I knew I was pregnant with my daughter... was empowering and training my daughter as she grew up to LOVE LOVE LOVE herself.  I remember all the questions she has ever asked...and still ask about her body, about herself, about God, about everything.

I have ALWAYS wanted her to feel so comfortable in her skin that she knows GODS love is SO much more important than anyone's (especially societies) view on our looks!

I have ALWAYS wanted her to take care of her body nutritionally and physically so she can do the works GOD asks of her now and in the future.

I have ALWAYS wanted her to understand how we as women are uniquely and divinely made.  How our femininity is not a tool or a weapon to be objectified but an amazing power to be respected and protected.

I think I have been doing a pretty good job at teaching her all these things.  BUT I know I still have lots of work.....because I still have so much work on myself!   And that is good!

I have always believed mothers and daughters are connected on a level most people cannot possibly understand.  But with that, us mothers have a huge responsibility to not pass down baggage to our daughters.  I purposefully positioned my heart and soul on that mission the moment I had her.

So what I have realized I really really feel driven to do in any spare moment I have (lol!!!)....is to have gatherings with other women, moms......sharing the ways we can raise our daughters to be warrior women in the topics of: self love, health, nutrition, self care, modesty, changing hormones, our femininity, our sexuality, the tough stuff like eating disorders, depression, and soo much more!

I want to gather with other moms and women to share how some of these areas may need to be something we work on ourselves as well in order to model it well for our daughters.

I want to gather with other warrior women with the format idea of presenting a topic, sharing my favorite resources, how I have maneuvered things thus far and my plans/thoughts in the later years,  how life/society can influence our thoughts and choices, share my own life experiences with each of the topics, and then discuss, share, and learn from each other.

I started out last week with some very specific thoughts and dates with it....just as I have with many brain inspirations I have had in the past.....but I am learning to be still with God and listen.....but also to not procrastinate and use "listening" or "waiting for the right time" to be an excuse for fear....fear of failure....fear of the unknown....fear of.......who know!!?!?

Thus I will let this resonate within me a few more and then take action because I KNOW action is what GOD is asking of me right now....NOT sitting and waiting!!  ugh...lol.....

Have a glorious day.....and if there are any wonderful warrior women out there that this resonates within you please share!  I would love to know if you would be interested in having tea with me :)...either virtually or face to face!

Blessings always,
~Kelly ;)

PS....if you haven't checked out or heard of the podcast I have a screen shot of....you really should she is amazing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment