About Me!

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Tasty Tuesday


Oh my goodness gracious.....I had the tastiest green shake yesterday! I totally loved the color as well!  It was refreshing....delightful....filling....and very detoxifying for the system!

For me being conscientious of what I eat, how I eat, when, and all those little details some may take for granted...well I can't.  So when I find something that not only is enjoyable with no ill side effects it is fabulous! LOL....

I got the idea from a detox shake Dr. Axe had posted about....and I put my own spin on it:

1 scoop of collagen (non-gelling) 
3 leaves of cabbage
1/3 cucumber
2 slices of fresh ginger
1 tbs dried parsley (I didn't have any fresh)
1 lemons worth of juice
2 drops of peppermint essential oil (food grade only)
3 drops of stevia
1 cup of coconut milk/almond milk mix
1 tbs chia seeds
1/2 cup ice
1/2 cup of water

BLEND AND ENJOY!

Oh wow it was DELIGHTFUL!  So much so.....that I WILL DO THAT AGAIN THIS MORNING!

***I'll save my thoughts about detoxes, diets, cleanses, self-care, self-love, and how it all relates to being a woman....how and when it can be helpful or hurtful.....for tomorrows posting.....

But til then have a REFRESHINGLY TASTY TUESDAY!!!

hugs and prayers always,
~Kelly :)


BOOK OF THE DAY:  If you have not discovered the super power house of coconut oil as of yet...YOU TRULY ARE MISSING OUT!!!  I truly survived on it back in Aug/Sept for our family cruise.  I brought a jar of it with me....and before most meals I would take in about a teaspoon of it.  If I felt cravings I have a spoonful.  If I was having low energy....I had a spoonful.  It helps boost the brain, immune system....they are now showing research in how it helps with many autoimmune conditions...and SO MUCH MORE!!  Check it out!

MOVEMENT OF THE DAY:
KETTLE-BELLS!!! (KB)
I love these amazing compact weights!
Total time was 20 minutes....this is what it looked like:
4 minute mini trampoline
1 minute deep (all the way down squat) holding 10lb KB come up push the KB all the way up in the air to do a shoulder press then bending only at the elbows bring the weight behind you to do a tricep press.
1 min 15lb KB (same movement as above) deep squat, shoulder press, tricep press
1 min 20lb KB deep squat, shoulder press
1 min 35lb KB hold at handle now, deep squat, upright row when stand
30 sec 10lb KB tricep kick back (left side)
30 sec 10lb KB tricep kick back (right side)
1 min mini tramp recovery
*if you look the KB part totals 6 minutes so I repeated all of that for a 2nd set.
4 minutes of cool down on the mini tramp

Stretch.....man that felt good!

***yesterday the other movement I got into the day other than my morning workout....I did lots of deep cleaning...climbing up for dusting....moving pictures and books around so lots of purposeful squatting, up and down.....and had a fabulous 30-40 minute walk with my handsome hubby!


No comments:

Post a Comment