About Me!

Friday, February 5, 2016

Football, Faith, Love on Friday


Sunday is the Superbowl.

SUNDAY (For my Diocese)...
... is our Annual RESPECT LIFE BANQUET!

This has been probably a difficult dilemma for many avid football fans....heck even for those of us who just watch it for the commercials and the gathering and fellowship time.

I've been reflecting on this....A LOT!

I know two amazing women who are FANATICS about their FOOTBALL!

YET THEY WILL BE THERE AT THE BANQUET!!!

WHY?!

Because they KNOW it is AGAPE LOVE.

LOVE for their faith.
LOVE for the message.
LOVE for the better choice.

Compare it to marriage:  if a spouse has the choice to watch a TV show or go for a walk with his or her beloved which is the better choice?  Neither are bad.....BUT going for the walk is probably a sacrifice YET it will produce abundant fruit!

In keeping with the theme of AGAPE love for this month.....which do you think would be the better choice?  The sacrifice that HONORS not only those who continually put themselves on the front line of fighting for LIFE but HONORS OUR AMAZING LORD!

For me it was a no brainer BUT I am not the biggest football fan BUT I don't like crowds and I do get fatigued in the evenings (due to my adrenal and thyroid condition) so my SACRIFICE may seem a "suck it up" to some people but it is my own....my battle with my health.....and therefore my pleasure to SACRIFICE for a GREATER GOOD!!!

Here I end with a challenge.....what in your area is going on currently that you could make a SACRIFICE that is for the greater good?  What about in your family!?  Your workplace?  Your career?!   Which SACRIFICE will draw you nearer to Christ!? Please share below!!!

AND if you live in the Amarillo area:  
Are you willing to SACRIFICE A FOOTBALL GAME....
FOR FAITH....
FOR TRUTH....
FOR AGAPE LOVE!?

Have a glorious FAITH FILLED FRIDAY!!!

Hugs and prayers always,
~Kelly


BOOK OF THE DAY:  I have been thoroughly enjoying this amazing book by Pope Francis, "The Church of Mercy".  Talk about going out and evangelizing and choosing to do things for AGAPE LOVE.  An amazing read.  I don't care if you are Catholic or not.....I think it is a must read for ALL!

MOVEMENT FOR THE DAY:  It is First Friday.  Our area has their First Friday Art Walk in the evening.  What a wonderful way to move your body and celebrate all the varieties of art.  I am sure wherever you live there is something that is going on this day that will allow you to walk around and appreciate what there is to see.  Exercise your body and your mind today!

No comments:

Post a Comment