About Me!

Monday, June 20, 2016

Carrot Cake

Ok so maybe it's not really a carrot cake that you sink your teeth into.  And it doesn't have nuts.  And it doesn't have raisins. :-)

But it is super healthy and it sure did taste like I was enjoying a carrot cake on an autoimmune protocol diet!

Many of my friends have seen me use carrot peels for many different things over the last few years.  I just hate the thought of wasting a perfectly good part of the veggie.  I actually have tried to just scrub my carrots  and chop them that way but...I don't know...they just don't taste the same not being peeled.  And I didn't want all these great peels to just go to compost.  Especially since sweet hubby and I go back and forth on composting.  That is a conversation for another day for sure!!! Lol...

So back to carrot peels...

I have created fun fried carrot peels..roasted...etc...with lots of different seasoning ideas.  I have used them in soups...chopped them up finer and used them for slaws.   I have cooked them up and pureed them for muffins....or created an apple like sauces. 

But my most recent realization came about due to laziness! I didn't feel like cooking them up and getting anything dirty.  I was contemplating what I wanted to do with them as I was about to make a green shake and that's when I thought..."hmmm...a carrot cake shake!"

Oh it was absolutely wonderful!  I blended together:
 about a handful of peels (if not more)
 hand full of spinach (but you can leave the green out if so be)....
tbsp of cinnamon (I really like cinnamon).....
1 tsp ginger.....
1 tsp vanilla....
1/3 cup of full fat coconut milk.....
1/2 cup water.....
I think about 5-8 drops of stevia, it really just depends on how sweet you want it....
a scoop of collagen protein....
ice.....
blend and YUM!!!

What a refreshing satisfying treat on a hot summer afternoon!

Have a fabulously delightful day!

Many hugs and blessings dear readers...family....friends...
~Kelly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment