About Me!

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Love Your Legs...

Growing up I heard....

"...my German Chubby knees..."

To this day I have no idea what my mom said before or after that statement BUT what DID imprint in my mind and heart has her dislike...discomfort...of her knees, her legs.  Because of it, for years, I was never satisfied with my legs.  It didn't even matter when I had lost so much muscle tone with my thyroid burning me up, my legs were truly twigs with no tone, but I sure did have thigh gap.

Yet....

 I WAS STILL NOT FULLY CONTENT, SATISFIED WITH MY LEGS.

I couldn't figure out why?

Then it dawned on me:
My NATURE is confident and KNOWS to LOVE myself.
I KNOW I am more than this physical body.
Instead, I realized, my NATURE was dueling with my NURTURING.

I was still healing from too many sorrowful losses in too short of time....my spirit....my soul....couldn't handle it.  but it was an awesome opportunity to heal because it helped me realized  even though I thought I was okay in my own skin I still had healing to do.  This healing opportunity has allowed me to sit here today looking at my legs...and TRULY LOVE THEM!!!!

I am able to look at them and not think:
I wish you were leaner.
I wish you were longer.
I wish you were lighter.

I am able to feel their strength....their power in just being MY LEGS!!!

I am able to see legs....not size....I am able to see beauty....not flaws....I am able to see past the physical and tap into all the amazing spiritual things they carry me to....I am able to see all the amazing mind opportunities they carry me through.....and....

I AM ABLE TO TRULY LOVE THEM THROUGH ALL WALKS OF LIFE.

What physical part of your body do you need to fall IN LOVE with so you can move past the PHYSICAL...and be connected to the MIND AND SPIRIT.....of that PHYSICAL PART!?

Take a moment to reflect....pray....and journal about it today!

Many hugs and blessings always my dear readers....family.....friends....
~Kelly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment